"BABY STEPS TO BRITISH ACCENT"


    The British accent is an accent that is quite common and when people try to learn accents its one of the first accents people try to imitate. I do not know why I think it is because the british accent in a  way is kind of posh and fancy. The british accent has some sort of fanciness to it and I do not know how to describe it other than posh and fancy. Well anyhow this is my baby steps to british accent do note that I am not good at accent so excuse my bad pronunciation.


    My british accent is not quite good as compared to a native speaker who grew up with people surrounded with this accent. It does not help the fact that I live in  household where we mostly speak Cebuano and our english is more on the American side. It does not also help that a lot of the people I watch speak in an american accent.

    I do find it quite hard to do a proper british accent because I mostly speak with an accent closer to the American side not the posh british accent. One of the things that seems simple but is quite hard is the r and how it is pronounced compared to american accent. I actually slip up quite a bit and pronounce the rs in my readings.

    Anyways even though I struggle a bit with the accent it is actually a bit fun in a way. Though I do not plan on having a british accent and I will probably not change my accent that much. I think speaking in a british language with my looks will look kind of weird and makes it look like im trying to sound fancy or smart because of how british accent sounds like and also I look really asian.





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day-off

Pagiging tao o pagiging makatao